April 19, 2011 Town Board Monthly Meeting:

 

Meeting called to order at 7:02 p.m.   Present at the meeting were Simon Nelson – Chairman, Scott Wilder and Glenn Meier- Supervisor, Phyllis Wilder–Treasurer, Andrea Lundquist-Clerk, and Kevin Taylor - Patrolman.  Residents and onlookers included Walter Schommer, Bryan and Lori Lundquist, Tim Lundquist, and Steve from Monarch Paving.  Not present was Dennis O’Donnell – chairman.

 

The meeting was called to order by Simon.

 

The minutes of the last meeting were presented by the clerk.

Adjustments to the minute were under Public Input changing Niles to Jensen.

The town board thanked the clerk for the report.

 

The treasurer’s monthly report was presented by treasurer.

The town board thanked the treasurer for the report.

 

Public Input – none

 

Old Business

  1. The board began discussion on possible locations for using the remaining LRIP funds.  The board will make a decision after commencing the road inspections later this May. 
  2. The town did not hear anything from the Town’s Association about the Young property (March 2010 and March 2011).  We will table the decision until we hear back from the Town’s Association.

 

Patrolman/Hwy. Building/Hwy. Report   A. The Dump truck may need a new fuel injector.  They will try a fix kit and see if that works before looking into getting a new one.

  1. Transmission is having trouble in the Chevy truck.  Kevin will look into getting it repaired and will call Simon with the quotes and will make a decision at that time.
  2. Kevin is going to start buying new signs.  The town will also look into re-facing some old signs.
  3. There are some major issues with a culvert falling apart on 140th Street.  The patrolmen put gravel in temporarily.  The board will go and look at it, and possibly need to close the road until repairs can be made.  

 

Correspondence

           

New Business – A. Steve from Monarch Paving discussed our concern about the condition of the Birch Street project.  He stated that they had problems making it up the hill and ended up doing most of the project by hand.  He realizes now that he should have stopped the project once he found the issues.  Steve will be in touch with Kevin next week to go over the specific issues and what can possibly be done, including grinding the surface. 

 

B. Tim Lundquist presented a preliminary lot division for property off 150th Street.  A town checklist was presented for approval.  Glenn made a motion to approve the checklist.  Simon seconded.  All in favor.  Motion carried.  The town checklist was signed for Tim Lundquist. 

 

All bills paid and approved.  The town will add Simon O Nelson and remove Dennis O’Donnell.  Other signers will remain the same. 

 

The next meeting will be Tuesday, May 17th, 2011 at 6:30pm.

Road Inspections will be held Monday, May 2nd, 2011 beginning at 5:00pm.  Board will meet at the Frederic Bremer Bank parking lot.

 

Motion to adjourn the meeting made by Scott and seconded by Glenn. Motion Carried.

Meeting adjourned at 8:02 pm.

Andrea Lundquist, clerk